Sunday, April 24, 2011

The countdown is on...

Well, a month has flown by since my first post and I've one more month to go before I leave life as I know it behind and head off on my big adventure...
I have been on such an emotional roller-coaster with everything but it's all settling down now and it's amazing how everything is easily falling into place - a sure sign that I'm on the right path and all is well :-)

I am now packing up my little cottage where I have happily lived for the past two and a half years.  It's been my sanctuary and safe haven where I've licked my wounds and regained strength and courage again after my 14yr relationship breakup.  It's been a symbol of independence, security, safety, happiness and growth but now it's time to leave and move on.  I've absolutely loved living here, down by the river, in my little slice of paradise all to myself.  Coming home on a hot summer evening and heading straight to the cool water for a refreshing swim...sitting on my little deck with a glass of wine and nibbles and watching the water flow and the unceasing bird life around me...watching the easy gentle flow of the river turn into a thunderous torrent after heavy rain in the hills and surrounding area...always changing, always flowing...just like life.

I've sold my dear car - Fredie.  The only car I have ever owned of my own!  I've had him over 16years and we've nearly clocked up 300,000km together!  It's going to feel very strange watching someone else drive him away but he's going to a very good home with more adventures to come :-)

So, now I'm packing all my worldly possessions into boxes for storage, wondering how long it will be before they see the light of day again - could be 6 months, could be 12, who knows...it will be nice to make home again somewhere new, but for now they go into safe keeping until my return.

As I leave my employer of 10years, my car of 16, my 15years of life in Wellington, I feel very much the ending of an era...and wow what an era it's been!  I've grown and changed sooo much in that time, met the most fantastic people, had the most wonderful experiences and adventures, the hardest of times (losing love, losing both Parents, losing myself), and the most loving of times...all have lead me to this point in my life and prepared me for the journey to come.  I'm ready.  Once I get on that plane I have a new book, a new chapter, and lots of blank pages to fill with a new start...bring it on!

2 comments:

  1. Best Wishes Paula for the next chapter in your journey. I look forward to reading your posts from Bali. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Julie, I'm very appreciative and humbled by all the support and encouragement I've had from friends and clients - it's been amazing.

    ReplyDelete